Complaints about COVID-19 violations in retail environments (grocery stores, department stores, gas stations, etc.) should be filed with the Ohio Department of Health using their online complaint form.
COVID-19 complaints in non-retail locations should be filed with Clermont County Public Health using the online complaint form.
Those locations include:
• Restaurants, bars, banquet and catering facilities
• Hair and nail salons, day spas, body art facilities, and tanning facilities
• Gyms, dance studios, and other personal fitness centers
• All other non-retail establishments
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will I have to wear a mask or face covering while I am at work?
A. Yes. Face coverings are required for employees except if any of the following apply:
1. Facial coverings in the work setting are prohibited by law or regulation;
2. Facial coverings are in violation of documented industry standards;
3. Facial coverings are not advisable for health reasons;
4. Facial coverings are in violation of the business’ documented safety policies;
5. Facial coverings are not required when the employee works alone in an assigned work area; or There is a functional (practical) reason for an employee not to wear a facial covering in the workplace.
Q. Will I have to wear a mask or face covering if I am a customer at a business?
A. Yes. Under the statewide mask mandate, customers must wear masks while inside businesses or other buildings.
Q. Will I need to take my temperature before coming to work?
A. Yes. Employees must take their temperature and watch for other symptoms such as coughing or difficulty breathing. Sick employees should stay at home.
Q. What safety precautions should my employer be taking?
A. All businesses should follow these protocols
•Establish maximum capacity at 50% of the fire code.
• And, use appointment setting where possible to limit congestion.
Q. What should I do if my co-workers aren’t wearing facial coverings at work?
A. If an employee of a business is not wearing a facial covering, ask the employer/business for written justification on why the employee isn’t wearing a face covering.
Q. What should I do if my employer is not following proper safety precautions?
A. If an employer is not following the above safety protocols, you can file an online complaint here.
To check the status of a complaint click here. (Choose “Code Case” in the search drop-down box).