Clermont County Public Health must review and approve plans for construction changes to one, two or three-family residences which involve addition of rooms which are, or could reasonably be, used as bedrooms. Review of plans is also required when the addition will involve expanded ground coverage. The purpose of this review process is to:
- Assure that the new construction will not interfere with proper functioning of your existing household sewage disposal system.
- Make sure that any existing sewage system malfunction is remedied.
- Evaluate if the sewage system is sized to accommodate any additional capacity requirement.
Applicants must submit the following information along with a completed Application Form which is available from the Public Health office. The application cannot be initiated without all required information and applicants can avoid being turned away by checking that all needed documentation is available.
- Tax Parcel Number. To obtain your parcel number please visit the Clermont County Auditor’s Office.
- A site sketch in plan view, to scale, showing the following:
- Property boundaries
- Existing house, accessory buildings
- Water well, cistern or water service line
- Location and perimeter of area to be covered by the proposed new pool, room addition, or garage
- Existing septic tank location
- Leach field or other existing sewage system components to the extent known
- Any recorded easements, including drainage/effluent easements
- Zoning Permit
- Floor plan showing existing rooms and designating their use
- Building plan for the addition
NOTE: Site must be clearly marked at the road with job name and address.
View Fee Schedule