The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone 6 months and older receive a seasonal flu shot every year; especially those at most risk for complications from the flu.
Keep in mind that there are everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of viruses that cause respiratory illnesses like the flu. Take these steps to protect your health:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze and before eating. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Contact your medical provider if symptoms become severe or worsen.
Clermont County Public Health is now offering seasonal flu shots. To schedule an appointment, call 513-735-8400.