- Make physical activity a regular part of the day.
- Choose activities that you enjoy and can do regularly.
- Choose activities that increase your heart rate.
- Physical activity can reduce your risk of many long-lasting diseases.
- Physical activity can improve your mental health.
- Make exercise fun and involve friends or family.
NOTE: Check with your doctor before beginning a new exercise routine if you have any health concerns.
Below is a link that shows you how to correctly perform some great
More ways to increase physical activity.
- Park farther away and walk the extra distance.
- Replace a break with a brisk 10-minute walk.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Create or join a walking group.
- Walk, jog, skate or bike.
- Swim or do water aerobics.
- Take a class in group fitness.
- Golf using a pull cart or carry your clubs.
- Canoe, row or kayak.
- Ski cross-country or downhill.
- Play basketball, softball or soccer.